This post is going to be a short hair tutorial on how to do the fish tail braid/ plait. I absolutely love the fish tail plait/braid, I've only recently discovered the fish tail plait from friends, so, I thought i'd show you how to do the fish tail plait. I think it looks smart when worn with the right clothes and just generally a cute hair style. Its a quick and easy hair style to do, it only takes a couple of minuets!
Here is the finished look of a fish tail plait in my hair.
As you can see its a little messy, thats only because, I've had it in all day and to my surprise it lasted the whole day, which, is good because, hair styles never last a whole day with me!
If you learn by video, below is a quick picture video on how to do the fish tail plait.
If you're still not sure how to do the "Fish Tail Plait" Below are some written instructions.
- Section your hair into two pieces and hold one section in each hand
- Move the two sections of your hair onto your right hand side of your shoulder. (If not done so already)
- Start with the section closes to your neck (the right hand side)
- Choose a small section of your hair closes to your neck and bring it all the way over to the other section you are holding in your other hand (now keep it there.)
- Now swap over to the other hand (that you didn't take the piece of hair from the left hand side)
- Take a small section of hair furthest away from your neck and bring it all the way over to the other section you are holding with your other hand (keep holding it there make sure NOT to let go)
- keep repeating the steps above and the fishtail plait should start to appear.